Collect antiques and junk from the doomed solar systems to sell to space-hipsters from your galactic thrift store in this one touch free-to-play mobile runner. Better get out of there before the sun explodes, though!
Run From the Sun began life in 2011 as a Flash game developed by Tony Gowland, and published by Armor Games on Kongregate. The planet-hopping gameplay proved too addictive to leave behind and on founding Ant Workshop in 2015 Tony teamed up with Furious Bee Games to bring it to mobile.
The original game was an infinite runner, but the team felt that the genre has a major problem on mobile - that they're infinite. For good players it takes a long time to reach a difficulty level they find a challenge. A chance play of Sega's Outrun in a retro arcade presented a perfect solution, switching to a triangular map would allow players to pick their own difficulty, and ensure everyone has a satisfying challenge in a two minute play session.
- Fast-paced planet-hopping runner gameplay.
- 15 individual stages, with 5 unique endings.
- Over 100 antiques and relics from a time long ago to add to your store - collect vehicles, booze, and even vintage VR headsets. Can you catch them all? (Wait, are we allowed to ask that?)
- Use gravity to slingshot between planets and earn bonus points for impressive trick flying.
Gameplay Pre-Alpha YouTube
Catalogue Pre-Alpha YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Run From the Sun. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Big Indie Pitch - 2nd Place" July 2016
- Emily Sowden, Pocket Gamer
Big Indie Pitch Roundup
Meet the two runners up in last week's Big Indie Pitch pocketgamer.co.uk.
About Ant Workshop
Ants - tiny, strong, focussed, good at working with others to achieve their goals and often with a nasty bite. Some of these characteristics (not so much the bitey ones) are also shared by Ant Workshop, a small independent game developer based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
More information on Ant Workshop, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Run From the Sun Credits